2 Cute Rubber Stamps is Now 2 CUTE INK!

Friday, February 5, 2010

To the Moon and Back!

I had so much fun making this rocket ship card! I typically get into a creative rut or block when I need to make a "boy" card, but this came to me quite easy and naturally! I love the simple design of the stamp and how you can use it in so many ways. I made this one for my 6 year old, Mac, for Valentine's Day. The inside message reads: "To the Moon and Back!"


Supplies: Stamps:Rocket: Up, up and Away!, Sentiment: Papertrey Ink; Cardstock: Neenah; Other: Chipboard Stars, Copic Markers, Brilliance Silver Ink, Small Silver Brads, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Folder, foam tape. Card measures 5.25 inches square.
I used the bottom of my marker tin to trace a circle. I cut it out and ran it through my Cuttlebug. Once it was attached to the card, I trimmed the two edges. The chipboard stars were simply pressed into silver ink and they actually came out with a nice texture. I colored in the rocket ship and cut it out, added silver brads, then attached with foam tape. Stamped the sentiment, and ta-dah! A cute little card for a very special little boy!
Have a fantastic weekend! I hope you find creative inspiration and get to make a thing or two!
Happy Crafting,

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the simplicity of the card design and that
textured paper for the moon! Good job!

JLP said...

I love this card! It is so cute! Good use of cuttlebug.

Anonymous said...

good one! i just brought lots of different emo backgrounds at my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Unknown said...

Very cute, love the embossed moon.

Anonymous said...

good one! i just made lots of another emo backgrounds 2 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info