2 Cute Rubber Stamps is Now 2 CUTE INK!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Birthday Penguin

Happy Saturday everyone! It's snowing/sleeting/raining at my house - so it has been a great time to snuggle up in my craft room and create! I needed to make a birthday card for my little brother, who turns 26 in a couple of weeks (not so little, huh?). He's a fan of no frills and boy colors, so his cards are always a challenge for me.

Here is what I came up with! I kept the color scheme simple and masculine (yet still managed to sneak 2 different Basic Grey papers on there). I used my Cuttlebug to emboss two pieces of cardstock to mimic the circles on Birthday Penguin's party hat. He was colored with a combination of Copic markers; the ice cube was watercolored using an aquapainter and ink. The melting ice has Stickles painted on it for some shimmer, and the block is covered in Ranger Glossy Effects for some shine.

Stop by my blog for more details and a close up shot of the ice block!

STORE NEWS: Did you know that *new* digi images have been added? Be sure to check them out on Heidi's blog! Also, the Etsy shop has stamps available in digi, cling mount, and wood mount, so check those out too!

EXCITING GIVEAWAYS: Starting tomorrow, look for details on how you can win something fun from 2 Cute Rubber Stamps -- everything you need to know Sammye will tell you!

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Kraft, Buckaroo Blue, Prismatics White, Basic Grey dp (Periphery, Mellow)
  • Stamps: Birthday Penguin
  • Ink: printer, Buckaroo Blue, Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap
  • Tools & Accessories: ribbon, brads, Ranger Glossy Effects, Shimmerz Angel Wings, aquapainter, sponge
Have a wonderful weekend :)

--Taylor

6 comments:

Amanda Profumo said...

Taylor- love your card! I love the colors you used and the embossing folder choice was perfect!

Juanita said...

This is so cute :).

Unknown said...

Very cute, love the colors and the embossing, Great job!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a cutie! Love the embossing too :)
TFS! hugs, margie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi said...

this is so cute! I love the circles in the background and how you made the ice cube look shiny!