2 Cute Rubber Stamps is Now 2 CUTE INK!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Tutorial-Digi Image on a T-Shirt

Happy Monday!

Jennifer here to show you a great tutorial on how to get your favorite digi images onto a T-Shirt. This Mermaid and Friends image is a new digital-only version that Heidi is making available only on her blog. Go and check out all of the wonderful Digi's she has there.

I start by opening the image up in Photoshop (I am using Photoshop CS4 for all of this work, use whatever editing software you have). Size it to the size you want printed.


I am using the paint bucket tool to color in my image.

Here she is all colored in! I added some shadows in where I thought it need it.
Also you can see (below) I added a blue background.

Next what you'll need to do is flip the image. You can do this in the editing software, or when you print it, choose t-shirt or reverse in the settings.

Here is the transfer paper I use. (you can get it at any Office Supply store)

Here she is all printed out and trimmed. You'll need trim the excess paper, because you will see it when it gets ironed on the shirt. So I trimmed it in a nice shape that works well with the image.

Here are the instructions for ironing it that are on the back of the transfer paper I use.

Back and fourth pressing down for 3 minutes.

After you iron the whole thing wait for it to be COMPLETELY COOLED before you take the backing paper off of the image.

Here she is all ironed on the shirt

Here is the final T-Shirt!
I made this for my niece Madeline, I hope she loves it as much as I do.




Recipe-
Computer, HP Iron on T-Shirt Transfers (or which ever brand you like)
Iron set on High-No Water, and Fun Fringe (I sewed this on by hand)

Now is a good time to remind you on the "rules" for digi images.

TERMS OF USE FOR :
2 Cute Rubber Stamps!
All Images are my original illustration.
(c)Heidi Schwoerer 2 Cute Rubber Stamps.

Terms of Use:

DO's
1. DO Please keep (c)Heidi on the image
2. DO Use this image to color, print out, and resize
*Angel Policy*
You can make and sell handmade gifts with this digital stamp, but make sure you give credit to Heidi and 2 Cute Rubber Stamps! (c)Heidi Schwoerer 2 Cute Rubber Stamps, and a link back to Heidi's etsy shop! Please feel free to use stamps for all your crafting ideas and we would love to see what you create!


DON'TS
1. DO NOT sell this design as a digital file
2. DO NOT turn this design into a rubber stamp
3. DO NOT use this design on Cafe Press or Zazzle or any similar sites
4. DO NOT claim any of the designs as your own!
all images copyrighted (c)Heidi Schwoerer 2 Cute Rubber Stamps
5. DO NOT use to mass produce any products!



5 comments:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Such a great tutorial! What a neat shirt!! I have some birthdays coming up so this might come in handY!!!

JLP said...

This is adorable! Great job! Thanks for the inspiration!

Heidi said...

i love this jennifer! it is so cute and you did a great job with the tutorial.

Marlene said...

This is CRAFTASTIC! :)

Sammye Jo said...

super cute! great tute!!