2 Cute Rubber Stamps is Now 2 CUTE INK!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Furry Friends Like to Read!

Hi everyone! Happy almost-Valentine's Day :) It's Taylor here, and this week I'm sharing with you a super simple project that is part of my four-year-old daughter's Valentine's Day present. It's a cute, colorful bookmark I made using the Furry Friends stamp!

Since this stamp is available as a digi image as well as cling cushion and wood-mounted, I chose to print it out so it would make a larger focal point. I used Copic markers to color the cat, dog, and box they are sitting in. I added small flowers to the box using a Copic Spica glitter pen in green. For the sweet puppy's collar I used a pink one - every little girl loves some sparkle!

I know this is an easy-peasy sample today but I really like it. My munchkin loves to read and steals my bookmarks all the time so I know this will be a well received "extra" alongside her candy and art supplies Cupid is bringing her!

Don't forget: to buy stamps from the Etsy shop, go here. Exclusive digi stamps are available for purchase on Heidi's blog here. And don't forget to leave her comments about what sketches you love - she may just turn them into a stamp for you!

Materials:

  • Cardstock/Paper: Green Galore, Naturals White, Pixie Pink
  • Stamps: Furry Friends
  • Ink: printer
  • Tools & Accessories: ribbon, jumbo eyelet, nesties, copics, martha stewart edge punch