2 Cute Rubber Stamps is Now 2 CUTE INK!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Sew fabulous!

Hi everyone! welcome to another inspirational Friday, today is my turn to inspire you with my creation.
This is my first post as a 2 Cute DT member so I need to introduce myself before describing the cards. My name is Ileana, I live in Madrid (Spain) and I have a wonderful and supportive family. I discovered the digi world at the end of 2010 and I jumped into blog land this last January (my blog here), so I´m pretty new to all this and I´m loving every minute! I´ve been crafting all my life thanks to my mom but I started making cards four years ago, it all begun as a self imposed therapy and I got completely hooked by it! Soooo... enough of rambling about myself! let´s jump into the fun part.

For this first post I made two cards with different colors schemes: boy and girl maybe? I chose this overly cute Cat-knit, printed it out twice on white paper, I colored them with crayons and oil pastels and blended them with mineral oil.
here is a closer view (click the image to enlarge). Do you want to know how I made the yarn? I hope so!! I used white puff paint (the one I have is fabric puff paint but any kind will work great too!) to draw the threads, let it dry and puff it with iron steam, once it was all puffy and pretty I gave them color with chalks. I took black paint and retrace the kitty arm to bring it to the front again. To finish the images I glued a piece of green or pink embroidery floss, cut and place them with foam tape on the cards.
The sentiment is from TLC creations that I printed out on craft paper and the finishing touches are flowers made out of scraps of paper, ribbon, left over buttons, brads... you can use whatever you have at hand! The green patterned paper is an oldie from my stash and the pink paper is wrap paper I saved because I liked the pattern a lot.
I hope I´d inspired you with this two cards. I´ll see you all next week, have a wonderful Friday!

PS: and don´t forget to stop by for daily fun and inspiration!

4 comments:

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

Exceptional !!! Very creative. I love how you put this card together. Wow!!
Karhie xx

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

How neat!! Love it!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

These cards are fabulous! Great job! Welcome to the team!

Crystal said...

these two cards are "sew" fabulous! lol! just love them! the colors are gorgeous, the sentiments are perfect & i LOVE how you made the yarn look! great technique! hugs girl!